Friday, December 14, 2007

Real or Fake: What Kind of Christmas Tree Family Are You?

I witnessed a conversation between some newlywed friends of mine who were discussing the fake tree they ordered in the mail for their first Christmas together as a married couple. "Oh, you're a fake tree type of people?" I asked. I come from a real tree family. (Real tree or no tree, in my opinion. Unless it's small and super over the top tacky and fake like the aluminum ones they look at before settling on the lil' sad sack real tree on A Charlie Brown Christmas. Fake trees trying to look real are terrible. I hate fake plants. But I digress...)

"No, just this time, with the tiny New York City apartment. We'll be a real tree family," said the wife.


"What?" interjected the husband. "What about my parents' massive fake tree? You love that tree!"


"But we always had a real tree growing up," said the wife.


"Wow. I never realized it but we haven't discussed what type of family we're going to be. Real or fake?" asked the husband.


Apparently, after some discussion, they decided on becoming a real tree family.


Fantastic.



3 comments:

whipcreamy said...

REAL!

Dale said...

We always had a real one although I wanted a silver one. Now that I'm old and crazy, the real one's the way to go.

Elizabeth said...

you are going to poo-poo this, anne, but there is something to be said for fake trees from an environmental standard. that said, i currently have a little real tree in my apartment. no star, no angel.