Tuesday, February 05, 2008

NY Giants Parade in Lower Manhattan

I'm at work on the 28th floor and yet I can hear the cheering! I also had the pleasure of riding the subway with some suburban Giants on their way down to the parade who were primed and hammered. Charm-a-plenty, yo! I'd go downstairs and really check it out for you, dear readers, but, you see, I hate people, especially lots and lots of them, so this would be terrible. A window with a view would be perfect, but it's on the other side of the office, and well...this parade is really an anti-Boston parade, isn't it? I believe it is.


I know that this as a disappointment to you folks who depend on me blogging from the front lines, so instead of a picture of lower Broadway from out my window a few minutes ago, how about a picture of lower Broadway out someone else's window from 100 years ago? Now picture a sea of blue in the middle of the street and there's your Giants parade. Enjoy.



Northeast view from top of Singer Building, Lower Manhattan ~1908

from shorpy.com

No comments: