Sunday, September 06, 2009

Feng Shui-Ing My Shiz

After watching a few episodes of Hoarders on A&E, I'm back to tossing out the junk, folks. To manage your junk accumulation, the feng shui experts suggest you throw out 9 things a day. This morning I got up at 7 to tackle my toiletry closet and boxes of plastic jewelry. How many eyeliner sharpeners do I need? 5? 6? No. At most, two. And these days, with the effort I'm putting into my face, the actual number is most likely zero, but let's not give up hope yet. How many almost-out- of- Chap-Stick Chap-Sticks do I need? None. How many ill-fitting bangle costume bracelets do I need? None. The next step in this process will be to pitching the superfluous caca on ebay in a "mixed bag lot" listing. Let's just hope I don't bid on my own crap.

3 comments:

Del-V said...

After watching that show I cleaned out my kitchen. I don't even want an unused jar of mustard in my house. Hoarding food is gross.

anne altman said...

oh man the food hoarding episode is one i need to see On Demand. I hear it's narrrrrrrrsty!

teri said...

or the one last night with all the cat hoarding. made me want to cry.