Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Meerkat Manor


Have you seen Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet? It might just be my new favorite show. Flipping between this and Tom Brady last night I was conflicted as to who is cuter. It's almost like dozens of Doodle cats, the way they stand up and look all around the desert at once. These mongeese (plural for mongoose?) have an interesting life in the Kalahari, fighting for survival against all the odds: rival gangs, droughts, and predators like cobras and vultures and what have you. And yet they remain adorable! Check it out.

6 comments:

Nina Paley said...

Does Doodle stand up like that? Awwww.

anne altman said...

Yep. It's ridiculous.

Just Dave said...

Due to my MILs addiction to Animal Planet, I have watched this show a lot. It is pretty fascinating to watch the adventures of Flower and her motley krew. You should be warned - this is a nature program that doesn't gloss over anything. When entire litters of pups are slaughtered by jealous rivals, they let you know about it.

piglet said...

Sooo addicted to this show. Cute and vicious is a perfect combo.

Valley Girl said...

I love it, too! Who knew Meerkats had so much drama?

newbluebaby said...

I did.

I saw one standing outside holding a boom-box over its head playing "In Your Eyes".