Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Dear Anne

I've already shared my thoughts with Myrtle on this one (which amounted to "Hell, I don't know what to tell you..."), and she expressed an interest in sharing the query with you, my dear readers, for your thoughts. Please proceed.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Anne,

My ex of 10+ years ago has just invited me to his pending nuptuals on Saturday the 10th!
There's really no love lost here, but it turns out that he and the bride to be live 1 block away from me, and I never knew.

He has not been friendly to me in the last 12-18 months - (as I wasn't up to doing the wild thing with him on a casual basis!)

So should I go to this stupid wedding.

Part of me is dying to see it.

But I have really weird stomach experience when I think about it.

- you may have some good advice.

or at least, please be amused!

Signed,

Myrtle Mason*

-------------------------------------------------------------------

*unbelievably, not her real name

5 comments:

newbluebaby said...

I wouldn't go. What's the point?

Just Dave said...

Only go if you can sit in the back row and giggle all the way though the ceremony. Make the reception for sure - free cake is hard to come by.

Special K said...

I'd go, if it has an open bar. Otherwise, it's just not worth it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, go, but make sure you can make a quick exit. Maybe arrive at the back of the pack but don't walk into the church part way through the service. Take some mates and get pissed at the reception.

Sans Pantaloons said...

One has to ask why you have been invited. If you have to go, wear a Burqa.