Sunday, April 22, 2007

Bus Travel is Fun

The bus I had a ticket for was not listed on the departure list this morning, so I asked a large and surly broad in a Greyhound uniform if I could ask her a question.

Greyhound Lady (without stopping): MAKE IT QUICK!
Anne: Ok, I'm on bus num...
Greyhound Lady: HURRY UP!
Anne (whirling around): I don't see my bus listed on...
Greyhound Lady (from a distance): That's not even an e-ticket, go to the counter and get one!
Anne: Bitch! (just loud enough not to get my ass kicked)

Helpful. I did have an e-ticket and a luckily ran into a nice Greyhound employee who said, "Gate 3." In line at Gate 3 a few minutes later, I saw Miss Surly Buckets walking through the terminal with her McDonald's bag, sipping on a medium orange drink. Guess she didn't want anyone screwin' with her breaktime. I half-tried to make eye contact and give her a dirty look that said, "Thanks a lot, f*ck face," but she was too busy with her drink, plus she scared me a little.

4 comments:

katie eggeman said...

Don't ya just love great customer service?

anne altman said...

yes. i also love orange drink.

Just Dave said...

Not enough to wear it as an accessory, I bet.

anne altman said...

you're right. not that much.