Saturday, April 28, 2007

Family Fun & French Horns

Anyone who knows me also knows how much I love glass figurines, especially glass figurines of French horns, because I love anything French and honestly, is there anyone out there who doesn't love horns? I don't like car horns, though, so if you give me a glass figurine of a car horn, I'm going to throw it against the wall.

I bring up my love of glass figurine French horns because I overheard a hilarious conversation on a crowded uptown 5 train this week. Two women and a man got on and shared my subway pole. The two women were evidently sisters, and the guy was either their friend or one of their husbands or boyfriends:

Younger Sister: (laughing) Remember the time we surprised Mom and Dad with an anniversary dinner on the back deck and you played the French horn while they ate?

Man: (laughing) No way.

Older Sister (laughing) Yeah, I think I played "We Didn't Start the Fire."

Younger Sister (laughing harder) Oh my God! "We Didn't Start the Fire!" (laughing)

Older Sister: Yeah. And I defintely played a medley.

Younger Sister: A medley! (laughing hysterically) Do you still have that French horn?

Older Sister: Somewhere, yeah.

~

Then they got off the train, and I started cracking up, picturing the scene myself. It still makes me laugh, and those people aren't even in my family. I wonder if their parents are still married.

No comments: