Monday, May 26, 2008

A Fleeting Memorial Day Weekend

Today is Memorial Day. Time to honor the dearly departed. And barbeque stuff and get your white shoes and shit out for the season. I'd post for you the really terrible, super crappy poem I wrote about Memorial Day in sixth grade (which won some sort of something so I had to read it aloud to the class for some reason), but I can't find it right now. Today is also the last day of Fleet Week here in NYC. Below are some pictures I took from the conference room in my office of their ship crusing up the Hudson on Thursday afternoon. In the foreground is the hole formerly known as the WTC. Thankfully its out of the way now, or I wouldn't have gotten these great shots. Kidding. Too soon? You're terrible, Muriel. If you click on the middle image you can see the sailors standing along the perimeter of the carrier. I waved.


Thursday, May 22, 2008 ~Fleet Week ship arriving in NYC

World Financial Center and the Hudson River lookin' West towoids 'Joisey

1 comment:

Micgar said...

Anne-they saw you and waved right back!