Monday, May 12, 2008

Full Current, Feels Good, I Always Use It

On the left: "Full Current: Young woman using an electric device for massage and stimulation of her face and neck."
On the right: "Chest Developer: Woman at dressing table holding electric vibrating machine against her chest."
Royal Specialty Company, Cleveland, 1909.
Library of Congress copyright deposit, series of five 8x10 photographs: "Chest Developer," "Full Current," "Feels Good," "I Always Use It," "Smoothing the Wrinkles."
from shorpy.com.

Smoothing the wrinkles. Uh huh. Check out the patent for this wrinkle smoothing machine here.

4 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

Ramming Speed Hortator!

Anonymous said...

apparently Ive been using that device the wrong way...oops

Rebecca said...

Oooooooh baby. I need one of those to go with my steampunk "literature."

Rebecca said...

(Although I guess it's not steam powered, huh?)