Friday, May 23, 2008

Isn't It the Thought That Counts?

Dearest Dad,

I was going to buy you this book by Edward Ruscha called Twentysix Gasoline Stations for Father's Day because I know you'd love it. But then I saw that it costs $1262.00 USD . Not that I don't think you're worth $1262.00 USD, but I'd have to borrow the $1262.00 USD from you in which to buy the book, and then you're sort of buying your own Father's Day present, and well, then you might be disappointed in what you bought yourself because of how expensive it was. Then you might think to yourself, couldn't she just give me a paper plate with spray painted gold macaroni glued onto it or Old Spice like last year? So...please know that my heart was in the right place.

Love always,


Anne


PS Macaroni plate or Old Spice? Your choice.


3 comments:

Just Dave said...

It would be cheaper just to buy him a tank of gas. Barely.

Moderator said...

Can never go wrong w/ Old Spice.

BENBENEK said...

Remember Anne...

Expensive art books
are the best art books

Go for it
And don't look back

Or maybe

Do the Old Spice thing