Wednesday, March 28, 2007

An Evening in NYC Means: A Show and Trivia!

Tonight I was two-timing it on the NYC scene: That's right. I attended a solo show performance and a trivia game. The night started out at the Tank Theater to see Julia Wright's performance of "Nuts for Sale" starring herself as the patient and Howard Mears as the observational doctor psychiatrist fellow. It was a soup-to-nuts performance (pun intended) of why she's such a crazy bitch (as if I needed any explanation; she is a friend of mine, afterall) and it was well-written, well-performed and hilarious to boot:



Julia Wright and Howard Mears in "Nuts for Sale" ~ 3 /28/07


Afterwards, I was able to make an evening of trivia with my pals Dan Curry and Margot Leitman. Being this my first time at trivia with these peeps, apparently I was pre-screened by Dan asking Margot, "Can Anne Altman tag along?" (as no dumb-asses need apply), and luckily I was accepted as part of the team, named Stanko. (Don't ask). I redeemed myself with the first question (What river runs through Paris: The Seine), because after that and three beers, I was pretty much useless, but whatever, as we rocked it out amongst the nerds and made the best of it. I had zero tolerance for the Annoying Trivia Question Master (who was too busy making time with some ugly bar wench and not enough time with his watch) because it took him a half hour in between questions when he said "Five minutes." Did we win? No, but thanks to Dan, I did learn something, that Jimi Hendrix apparently volunteered for the army as a para-trooper to avoid a jail sentence for riding in a stolen car.

Margot Leitman and Dan Curry, 3/28/07


I also learned when I got home that Doodle, though a fan of chopped mice (something I didn't have on hand in the cabinet), is not a fan of chopped clams (something I did have in the cabinet).

So, a good time was had by some.

1 comment:

Matt Sears said...

Awesome. I'm glad we finally have a sports trivia expert.