Friday, March 21, 2008

Kick Ass Shoe of the Day

The Sperry Top-Sider.
I wore these classic kicks when I was a wee lass. I took sailing lessons, my family had a sailboat, and this preppy footwear was standard issue. The Sperry Top-Sider, created in 1935, remains today because it never was really in style, therefore it never went out of style. Dig?
Read more about the history of the Sperry Top-Sider here. You don't have to have a sailboat or a preppy to wear a pair, you just have to wave your hands in the air like you just don't care... that people may make fun of your shoes. Screw those people. What have they done for you lately, anyway? Buy some here* today.
*I wear a 7.5. Thanks.

2 comments:

Scott Armstrong said...

We own a sailboat. And we actually sail it. So we wear these, yes, especially Dad. Good show.

Micgar said...

I used to wear those! What happened to the rhyme in the last part!? I thought you would rhyme shoes with...something else!