Monday, September 15, 2008

Little Pumpkin Eating an Apple

'A friend is having me scan some of her family photos, and I fell in love with this Kodachrome slide; she gave me permission to post it to Shorpy. It's her sister and their great-grandfather on his farm in Sabattus, Maine, in 1964'

"We called him Bubba for some reason. He had a big farm in Maine and a roadside stand that sold just about every fruit and veggie you can think of. My cousins and I used to go pick strawberries and peas in the summer. He was always so patient and sweet, I don't remember a cross word from him ever. If you look close you can see how stained his hands are from farming his whole life (and smoking a pipe). It's funny what you remember about people but whenever I eat fresh peas or really good strawberries I think of him."

from shorpy.com

3 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

Wonderful! This picture has everything.

love, jenn said...

I adore this pic! ADORE!! As in LOVE!! As in Enjoy Tremendously!!!

Watershedd said...

Beautiful composure, colour and sentiment. What a shot.