Wednesday, November 26, 2008

As We Prepare to Give Thanks: A Thought on Sharing Bounty

I remember back in elementary school when we'd have a reason to celebrate, whether it be a holiday or someone's birthday and candy/cookies/refreshments were brought in by kids (via their parents), the teachers would say repeatedly, "Remember, children: Bring enough for the whole class or don't bring it."

I'd always think to myself, "Share? With the whole class? With jerks and slobs other than my friends? What? Fuck that. Why would anyone bring anything at all? I'm not bringing shit."

When my baby sister was born, the absurd, cockamamie concept of sharing got a little easier to understand. 

Sort of. 

Good ol' St. Anne. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My My,......
Have you changed your way of thinking-NOW !!!!

anne altman said...

yes. now i'm generous beyond anyone's wildest dreams, am i right am i right am i right?

Anonymous said...

for sure Anne... Anne I Am, Anne I Am...
Anne I Am, enjoy reading you...

Sans Pantaloons said...

You are right.

anne altman said...

share share that's fair, right kids? everything i do, i do for you. . .

:)

Some Guy said...

You give til it hurts, Anne. Bless you.

anne altman said...

no, bless you, Some Guy. and may i give thanks to you and the rest of our little blogosphere. one big happy fambly.

doodle just bit my arm off.