Friday, December 05, 2008

Proud and Progressive: Me Too

I come from one of those huge families that folks like to be around. Sure, we've got our share of weirdos and problems, but we're a ton of fun, open and friendly and silly. And not in a "We're wearing the same Christmas sweater but not ironically; it's just that we really just love these sweaters and isn't it cute we're all wearing the same one today" kind of way. With us, well, first of all, we drink. And it's a whole lotta Altman good ol' lampshade on the head ha ha ha with a healthy dose of O'Leary Irish to cut the sweet, and people who marry into us, despite their economic circumstances, are in my opinion always marrying up. More times than not, those married-ins are equally awesome, increasing the goodness for all. Take for example my Portland*-based Aunt Sandi (who married my Dad's favorite bro) and her brand new blog, Proud and Progressive. Welcome her, won't you? Yay! 

*Portland, Seattle, same diff

4 comments:

love, jenn said...

I wanna play at YOUR house for the holidays! Your Mom does think I am nice... and not nice! :)

anne altman said...

true and true.

right, mom?

Anonymous said...

Hey Anne...thanks for the thumbs up! Don't tell your dad this, but out of the 5 boys, I think I got the best one!

And....ahem.....now I know why you've never visited. I live in Portland, not Seattle. Hmmmmm...let me re-think this Altman connection of mine.

anne altman said...

hahahahaha!

how could i forget? OR- I - GON

not

OR-E-Gone