Monday, January 29, 2007

Humiliating? Sure! Happens All the Time.

Let's say you just got your hair cut and/or styled. You're not so into it, but you're dealing. Then someone in your office looks at you and asks, "Hey, did you just get your hair cut?"

"Yes, I did," you answer immediately, with a smile, perhaps a little a beam of appreciation that someone acknowledged it, good or bad. You fiddle with your new bangs a little as you say it.

Then you realize that she wasn't talking to you, but the woman just down yonder from you, who whips around to say, "No, I didn't," to which the complimentor replies, "Oh, it looked like you did," and walks away.

Suddenly it's just you, left to stroke your bad haircut and your ego.

Aw, hell. Whatever. Doodle likes it.

6 comments:

Teri said...

Oh, Anne, I like your hair. Take a new picture and post it.

whipcreamy said...

yes yes!

Creepy said...

It wouldn't hurt if you were topless in the picture.

Or a picture of Doodle's new 'do. That would do.

piglet said...

Happens to me all the time.

Mel said...

Not much is worse than a bad haircut. I bet yours isnt bad at all though. Now me I have had some doozies.

Maulleigh said...

Heavy sigh.