Friday, January 12, 2007

Kick Ass Broad of the Week: Marlene Dietrich

1901-1992
Marlene Dietrich kicked ass. A few reasons why I think so:
  1. She drew power from her sexy androgynous wardrobe. Her philsophy: When you put on men's clothing, you also put on their privileges.
  2. She refused to work for the (German) film industry under Hitler, refused the Fuhrer himself when a Nazi officer made sexual requests on his behalf, and became the first woman to earn the Medal of Freedom for 3 years of tireless work in the USO during WWII.
  3. Marlene once declined an offer to meet Princess Margaret of England with "I'm a Queen. I should stay up for a Princess?"

3 comments:

newbluebaby said...

I say the same thing when people ask me if I watched Carson Daly last night.

anne altman said...

you know people who ask you that?

you need new people in your life.

Just Dave said...

I would have paid real money to meet either Marlene or Greta Garbo. Just for coffee. Or schnapps.