Sunday, January 14, 2007

Tom Brady, Will You Marry Me?


Patriots beat the Chargers, 24-21 in a serious friggin' nailbiter! Man, oh, man. And the Bears beat Hasselbeck's Seahawks, thankfully (I hate his stupid wife*) in another intense matchup earlier in the day which ended with a 49-yard field goal in OT by a rookie. I don't play football, I only watch it, and I'm goddamned exhausted! Now Tom Brady, my fiancee, will play Peyton Manning, aka "Can Head" next weekend. Tom, do your stuff like you always do. Remember, you're a 3x Superbowl Winner, and Can Head only dominates television commercials. Oh, and the Saints beat up the Eagles on Saturday night. Ahem.

*I stand corrected by Jen (Casual Slack) that it's his sister-in-law I hate. Well, close enough.

9 comments:

Just Dave said...

Serious congrats to the Pats. Just goes to show that,sometimes, the last team not to fuck up wins. That deep sinking feeling has to be so familiar to Marty Schottenheimer by now that he probably would not know what to do without it. Go, Pats and go, Saints (though I don't thing the Saints have a prayer)

Jen said...

GO PATS!!!

I think you hate his sister in law..
Tim Hasselbeck on the Giants
is married to that bitch on the view... I hate her too

=)

Teri said...

Had to rub it in about the Eagles losing, didn't ya? Oh well, better luck next year.

Glad your team won!

Teri said...

oh yeah, when's the wedding? We'll send gifts.

anne altman said...

thanks, jen. i was hating the seahawks simply for that reason. maybe i can switch it to hating them bc his brother's poor taste in broads?

anne altman said...

can you fault a woman for wanting her fiancee to win the superbowl? again?

no. you can't...

Jen said...

>>switch it to hating them bc his brother's poor taste in broads?<<

sounds good to me
I'll hate them too!

piglet said...

Don't be haters. Maybe the Hasselbeck clan has a few douches in it, but Seattle (the city) kicks ass. Mountains, ocean, islands, orcas, space needle, unnaturally jolly fish mongers.

I'm bummed that both west coast teams got shut down this weekend.

We've got to learn to party AFTER the game.

ohmygodimmike said...

Screw N.E. and screw people from Seattle that brag that they are rich because the own shares in Starbucks.