Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cranky's Home! And Mighty Glad to Be Here!

Yep, apparently that's what they call ol' Doodle at Bide-a-Wee, "Cranky!" I about died when the vet tech brought Doodle out and explained her medication and asked me if "Cranky" was mine. "Excuse me, did you say, Cranky?" She replied, "Oh, I'm sorry. Yeah, that's what everyone back there has been calling her. She's had it with us. Is it... Doodle Kitty?" 

"It's fine, she answers to Cranky, " I laughed. (That's my girl, I thought.)

"Yeah, so here's her pain medication, we had to pull a tooth, a canine, the enamel was eroded and the nerve was exposed. I tried to take her arm bandage off, but like I said, she's really had it with us today. She's done."

I put my hand up to the window screen of the bag with "Hi, Doodle." She recognized me and responded with a low growl. "Yep," I said. "She's done."

Doodle has never been weirder or happier to be home. She spent the first hour wandering around, marking me and all the furniture with the side her face, fussing with her arm bandage, completely at a loss with what to do with herself, jumping up on the window sill, almost falling off, and looking out at the birds, people, and cars. Then she ate a little of her favorite food, Friskies Tender Chunks. And though she followed me around relentlessly, it was nearly impossible for her to stay still for a photo. Here's what I got in the order I took them:




Doodle: Veterinarian War Veteran


Um, did you know that a canine is one of those big sabres in the front? Doodle lost her left one. Obviously. Teeth make the face, I tell you. Click for more ridiculous. 



Doodle, Back from the Vet, a Lil' More Relaxed with More Drugs and One Less (Front) Tooth 
May 12, 2009 ~ NYC

Thanks to everyone (and special thanks to Doodle's patrons Sans Pantaloons, Whipcreamy, and Ramona) for their support and concern. Cranky's gonna be just fine, and better than ever! XoXo

8 comments:

teri said...

She looks like Elvis giving a sneer. Too funny.

Glad Ms. Crankypants made it through and didn't kill anyone.

Some Guy said...

That second pic says it all. Hang in there, Doodle!

love, jenn said...

YAY, Doodle!! You are a trooper!!

anne altman said...

doodle is seeing things on the ceiling. when she's not staring at the walls or the top of the bookcase, she's running over to me for love and affection. she's having an interesting evening. cranky's gone!

Abbi Crutchfield said...

New nickname = Forest Whitaker? Because she has a lazy eye.

Ramonaroo said...

She's stunning. Glad she's safe at home. Go Doodle!

anne altman said...

yeah that lazy eye is a cute side effect from the anesthesia. with that and the missing front tooth she went from supermodel to pirate in one fell swoop.

Sans Pantaloons said...

I love pirate!