Tuesday, May 05, 2009

NYC Prom Dress Drive

Duryea, PA ~ 1940's
~ photo from Duryea.com~


I was never a prom queen, but I was a prom expert--I went to 5, afterall. 4 out of 5 of these gowns are way out of style now, but I want to help promote the following Prom Dress Drive! If you're interested in donating any prom-worthy items (consider also shoes and/or accessories!), please email me (altmanorama@google.com) and I'll put you in touch with the folks who will make it happen!


------------------------------------



Do you remember this time during your senior year of High School? Yes
Graduation and college decisions were being made, but we all know what
our main focus was....PROM! We all can remember that memorable day (both
good and bad) like it was yesterday. We know we wanted to feel glamorous and
have THE dress. Unfortunately for many young ladies, for many reasons,
especially financial, will not be able to go to the prom.

So, I am contacting the fabulous ladies I know, both young and mature at heart
because this is an issue we need to address! I know for myself, I've
never worn that dress again, and I know for sure a lot of ya need to think
back where on earth you put it. Today I am asking you to donate those prom
dresses/formal dresses, shoes, accessories that you don't/ have not worn
nor see yourself wearing again. This is a time I believe as over rated
as it may be, is as important for them as it was for us. So please spread
the word let ya girls know, little sisters, cousins, former students, youth,
etc. that I'm collecting prom wear/ accessories. The goal is to have a
"Boutique" at the end of May/ First week of June at a location TBA with
girls who need dresses.

There are projects in other states titled the Cinderella Project and the
Ruby Room, but there aren't many in NYC. Let's help these young ladies
make this day special regardless of financial struggles their parents
may be facing. I have chosen not to participate in this recession and
believe that other won't have to with the blessings of others.

Have a wonderful day!




So let's donate, folks! You just know you have stuff crammin up those closets to share, clutterbutts! 

1 comment:

Del-V said...

I was home schooled so I WAS the prom king.