Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Doodle: She'll Annoy You Wit the Cute

Doodle, NYC~ Cinco de Mayo, 2009


Doodle's tests came back! She's healthy enough to have her teeth cleaned at the vet on Tuesday, and it's all day: I drop her off at 8 a.m. and pick her up at 4 p.m. The 300+ beans it will cost for this is twice what I paid for my teeth cleaning two weeks ago. This whole "Doodle Needs Her Teeth Cleaned" idea seemed like a better one before I was notified yesterday of multiple increases in my living expenses that are beyond my control. I'm trying to quiet the voices in my head (HOLY F*CKIN CRAP WHAT THE F*CK?????????? WHAT IN THE BLOODY F*CKING HELL AM I GONNA F*CKING DO FOR CHRISSAKES?????F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!F*CK!!!!!!!!F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for the time being, figuring that any money I spend on this little turd now is preventative care to keep her healthy which will save me dough down the road. And if not, there's always the window toss.

In the meantime, to pay for this transaction, I've got to tighten the belt even more. This means cancelling my Netflix subscription and relying on cable. Also, did you know that you can stretch a can of Campbell's Tomato Soup far into the week by adding 15 cans of water instead of the recommended one can?
*** Thanks to a generous offer from sans pantaloons, I've set up a donation widget in the sidebar for those who have $1 to share for the care of a ridiculously adorable feline's canines. ***

10 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

We actually went the reverse route with saving money for entertainment. We cancelled all of our movie channels on cable and purchased a Roku player for Netflix so that we could watch movies "instantly" on our TV. And it's like having a subscription to Starz, because all of those films are available to watch instantly.

So far, so good.

Jeremy said...

That's one cute kitteh.

anne altman said...

thanks for the advice, b.e.

hmm.

and thanks for the compliment, jeremy. it's easy for her.

Sans Pantaloons said...

I would be willing to Doonate towards her teeth cleaning bill should you wish.

anne altman said...

patron saint of doodle without pants!!!! if doodle gets her teeth cleaned she can go to prom.

:)

anne altman said...

i dOnT WNT tO GO tO PRom.

-DOoDLE

anne altman said...

YES YOU DO AND YOU'RE GOING AND THATS THAT

Del-V said...

Princess Kitty Snuggle-muffin gets crazy tests for her thyroid. Her vet bills are off the freakin' hook. Ten years ago I thought I was getting the cat for free. I was wrong. Horribly wrong. Stupid cats with their expensive/ridiculous health issues.

anne altman said...

1) princess kitty snuggle muffin is one of the greatest names of all time

2)when the bills get too rough, there's always the window toss

anne altman said...

Doodle and I are overwhelmed with the kind donations of fans worldwide!!!

In just 2 days we raised the all money for her teeth cleaning and we can't thank you all enough!!!

:)

:)

:)

I'll make sure to take before (yellow/orange/disgusting) and after (beautiful/pearly/white)pix of her teeth to show the results