Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Doodle's at the Dentist!

Doodle, NYC ~ May 11, 2009
Doodle was not pleased about me taking away her food and water last night, and this morning, she was downright beside herself. There was no getting her in the bag either, as I had to chase her around the apartment; her love for the vet obviously dimished since our last trip. Getting a "Before" shot of her orange teeth was also not an option, so I'll have to go into the archives, or you'll have to take my word for it. When we arrived at bideawee, we waited with a beautiful and very sad pooch named Sasha. Poor Sasha was vomiting, sick as a dog, and far less thrilled than Doodle to be there, ears down, eyes big and wide. I had to sign a form releasing the shelter of responsibility if Doodle died (WIDD-What If Doodle Died?) from the anesthesia which wigged me a little, but I call at noon to follow up, and with hope, I pick her up at 4:00. Paws crossed, kids!

11 comments:

Nina Paley said...

Here's hopin' Doodle makes it out happy, healthy, and with clean teeth! And alive of course.

anne altman said...

alive would help!
thanks nina & bruno.

teri said...

my one cat is the same way about the vet. In fact, she has radar and can tell when I'm trying to pick her up to put in her carrier.

This is why the vet visits have been few and far in between, unfortunately.

Doodle will be fine. Looking forward to the picture of her nice clean choppers.

Verdant Earl said...

Paws earnestly crossed.

anne altman said...

just spoke to the vet
doodle is "resting comfortably" (why don't i believe this?)
and i pick her up at 4!

yay!

here's hoping the estimate is accurate and the teeth are white as snow

thanks to everyone for their generous contributions again.

doodle would thank you (if she was that type)

love, jenn said...

Can I uncross my paws then?? Or shall I wait until she gets home sweet home?

bubbles said...

That picture is adorable!!

anne altman said...

thank you, modeling is easy for doodle (though she'd rather be hunting)

i'll update when i get her home
but keep your paws crossed for poor sasha. hope she's well.

Sans Pantaloons said...

Hoping Sasha gets better, Doodle is calm and relaxed, and Anne is less terrorized with a wristwatch.

anne altman said...

DOODLE IS HOME! (and happy to be here for once)
SASHSA IS SPENDING THE NIGHT! (and hanging in there)

Sans Pantaloons said...

YAY!