Monday, May 28, 2007

Jive Talkin' on Memorial Day



I bawled my eyes out during a PBS D.C. Memorial Day Special hosted by Colin Powell and Jimmy Smits and others. Came outta nowhere. Ok, not exactly nowhere. I cried when an actress (whose name escapes me right now) read aloud the letters a mother had written to her son every week while sitting in front of his headstone at Arlington. Gut-wrenching. This morning, I read that President Jackass went somewhere today to give his condolences to more grieving mothers. Makes me sick. Jive Talker. If I was one of those poor mothers and this SOB tried to give me a hug, I'd kick him in the junk. Or, to avoid a secret service beatdown, diss him like Alicia Silverstone blew off Elisabeth Hasselbeck, that's for sure.

3 comments:

Johnny Yen said...

That took friggin' chutzpah.

It'll be interesting what the history books will say about this guy. My guess is that he'll bump Buchanan, Nixon and Harding out of the "worst President ever" slot.

Mel said...

hahahaha!! Thats hilarious!! I have always like Alicia and now I like her even more.

I have wondered about these "closed door" meetings he has with the relatives of one of the fallen. SOMEONE has had to call him out!

Creepy said...

Oh, that was friggin' excellent! Nothing like watching a right wing, nazi, republican xtian broad try to brush off being snubbed. I think I need to see that on an endless loop.