Friday, May 25, 2007

Elephant Shoes Means I Love You in Lip Reading Kinda


Surely I've mentioned my brand new elephant shoes? They're so adorable. So so so so so so so cute. I pity the fool who hangs out with me tonight when I'm wearing these puppies. Not only will I ignore everything that you do or say, I will constantly interrupt you with comments like the following:

  • "Can you believe how cute these are? They had 'em in a kitty too, but those were gold and I wanted silver. More versatile. Don't say anything to Doodle."
  • "Did you see my new shoes? Lookit!"
  • "Nineteen beans, bitches. Alright, 20 beans. At Century's. [pointing to my toes] Cute! And comfortable! Even when they were attached with that plastic zip cord, I could tell just hobbling around that they were gonna be comfortable."
  • "Look at my shoes. They are so cute!"
  • "Hi, I'm an elephant!" (impersonates an elephant by weakly bringing my elbow up to my nose and swaying it outwards like a trunk)
  • I hate to interrupt you guys, but I just wanted to point out something: (points to shoes) Got it? Good. Glad to hear it.
  • Seriously (points to shoes), have you seen shoes this cute in a long time? No, no you haven't. I know! They're awesome! Awwww....shoes.
  • "Did you notice the elephants? At first you just think it's like a flowery decoration, right? I know! They're so cute!"
  • "Hey, (twiddling my toes), remember us? The cute shoes? Hey! Yay!"
  • "We've been talking and talking and drinking and drinking and you haven't complimented me on my cute new elephant shoes in like, a long time. At least a half hour. Bring it. Tell me good stuff about my shoes and why they're so great."
  • "OMG, 'member when I didn't have these cute shoes and then it was like, bang! Suddenly I had them, and nobody can imagine life without me having them, you know?"
  • "Oh, hi, shoes! I love you."

3 comments:

piglet said...

That reminds me of a party where I wore my brand new awesome shoes and was looking forward to all the compliments.

Turns out it was at one of those houses where they make you take your shoes off at the door.

Made me wish I had gravel imbedded in my socks.

anne altman said...

not for nothin' folks, but nobody has mentioned how cute the shoes are.

besides matt sears who actually sent me a text message this morning to tell me "i like your elephant shoes."

(i was slightly taken aback by the word "like" vs "love," but i'm not going to press the issue, because maybe bc he's a dude he didn't want to sound to weird or whatevs)

wklassen said...

I actually love your elephant shoes! Where did you buy them?