Thursday, October 09, 2008

Rock of Humiliation

So there we are, me and my date, on our way to see Rock of Ages, see. Just had dinner and a few drinks beforehand, and maybe we're a few minutes late. But not late, late. Just on time late. And anyway, so we get to the place, see, and I ask at Will Call Window for my tickets, right? And the guy's like, "We don't have you on the list." And I'm all, "Don't you know who I am?" And he's like, "Sorry, no tickets, talk to that lady over there." So I go over there, see, thinking that this broad is certainly gonna know who I am and everything, and I says to the lady, I says, "There should be a few comp tickets for me tonight," and she's like, "Oh, yes, well, the show was oversold so we released all the comp tickets at 7:45. Sorry. Here's a raincheck for next week."

Wow. Like so totally embarrassing, right? Burn. And since we couldn't go to the show and stuff, we went down the street for a drink. Rock of Ages Part Deux will happen next Wednesday.

The End.

7 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

This is unacceptable practice. If I understand correctly, they oversold the show, and then had to issue the unclaimed comp ticket seats. What's to stop them doing it again?

It's been a long day...

anne altman said...

Titties. Next time, I'm flashing titties.

newbluebaby said...

You know, your date should have thought of that.

SmF732 said...

I happy to hear that you had a date!

Anonymous said...

Date? Do tell!

anne altman said...

well, let's see. he's 6'2, light hair, blue eyes...and he's got a large, heart-shaped ass. stunning.

anne altman said...

THIS SHOW IS TERRIFIC FUN!