Thursday, October 23, 2008

1912 World Series, Boston Red Sox v New York Giants

October, 1912. Washington, D.C.
"Baseball, Professional. Electric scoreboard."
A close-up of the scoreboard from the previous post showing results of the 1912 World Series between New York and Boston to crowds on a Washington street. Harris & Ewing Collection glass negative.
The first game of the 2008 World Series was on last night between the Phillies and the Devil Rays (that's right, I said Devil, I ain't scared), and I assumed my love of baseball would override the fact that my team wasn't playing and that I'd be interested in the matchup.

I was wrong.

And totally psyched and relieved that I could go to sleep at a decent hour for the first time in weeks.

Go, me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the internet in 1912.

And what's up with the new comment section?

anne altman said...

new comment section? hmmm. me no know.