Thursday, October 30, 2008

Your Confirmation Number Is

I just got off a "call" with a Verizon wireless recording where I paid my bill by tap-tap-tappity on some buttons of my cellphone and then money (which may or not be in my checking account, depending on the date) gets zap-zap-zappity sent to Verizon, and we're all friends for awhile until the check bounces. 

I rarely bounce checks. I think I can count on two fingers how many I've bounced in my entire life. Instead of actually bouncing them, I worry that they'll bounce. A little game which is fun. It's fun shortening my life span with such a fun game. 

Anyway, I paid my bill in full, but wasn't good at navigating the Verizon recording tree and in addition may have deleted the checking account attached to the phone for E-Z payment. Then I chose to let the recording tell me what my confirmation number was. Got a pencil? I never do. I just listen to it. 

"Your confirmation number is 4. 5. 7. 2. 3. 1. 1. 8. 9. 8. 6. 7. 6. 4. 3. 7. 3. 2. 0. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. 1. 8.

That's 4. 5. 7. 2. 3. 1. 1. 8. 9. 8. 6. 7. 6. 4. 3. 7. 3. 2. 0. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. 1. 8."

A confirmation number that long is cruel and unusual punishment and I'm not writing it down. When there's a problem with my account you're just going to have to look it up another darn way, lady.

1 comment:

Groundcat said...

Yikes! what a number! Brian Regan does a good piece on confirmation numbers.