Tuesday, October 28, 2008

So What if the World Series Ain't On Tonite? It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!



I'm in love with this special because it's basically all Snoopy. My favorite parts (which I might not be included in this 8 minute clip because its the beginning half) are when Snoopy does his Red Baron routine in "France" and then he climbs into a lone lit window in a dilapidated farm house --which reveals itself to be the kids' Halloween party-- and he bobs for apples and cries at the sad song Schroeder plays on the piano. Oh, and of course when Lucy brings her chilly, sleeping brother Linus in from the pumpkin patch at 4 am. She thinks he's a blockhead, but she loves him. And where are the parents? Exactly. It's awesome. Charles M. Schulz omitting them from everything save for some "Mwah mwahh mwahh waaaahh" here and there is brilliant. And still exhilarating to me.

4 comments:

Some Guy said...

Yeah, we watched this tonight. Definitely a classic.

Micgar said...

Hey. I am tagging you for the 6 odd things meme. Check my blog for details.

Lucas Held said...

I wonder why Charles Schultz stopped releasing new cartoons. I guess he just lost interest or something. Weird.

anne altman said...

i got a rock.