Tuesday, August 01, 2006

No Need To Stagger

I know I've done my fair share of stupid staggering and luckily, I lived to tell. As long as there are dudes on the planet, the world's going to be a dangerous place for ladies. So if you've got your wits about you to punch in a few digits, call these cats to haul your ass home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

NYC Non-profit Provides Safe Rides for women--free
RIGHTRIDES - A FREE CAR SERVICE THAT SHUTTLES WOMEN
HOME FROM BARS AND PARTIES LAUNCHES JUNE 3RD IN NYC

RightRides, is a free car service that shuttles women
home from bars and parties on Saturday night from Midnight-3AM
Sunday starting Saturday June
3rd in NYC. The nonprofit was created because of a perceived increase in late
night attacks on women, cars are donated by Zipcar. The Dispatch
number to call is (718) 964-7781 - they only turn on the phones from
Midnight - 3AM Saturdays.


Picking up and dropping off riders in the following
areas:

Brooklyn: Greenpoint, Williamsburg, Bushwick,
Bedford-Stuyvesant, Clinton
Hill, Fort Greene, Prospect Heights, Park Slope,
Windsor Terrace, Gowanus,Boerum Hill, Downtown areas, Carroll
Gardens, Cobble Hill, and Red Hook.

Manhattan: East Village, Lower East Side, and
Chinatown

Queens: Long Island City

2 comments:

Peter Matthes said...

As a dude who lives in the NYC area, I take great offense in the implication that dudes take advantage of drunken women.

I would also like to announce my own complimentary car service that I will be starting this weekend. I call it the Petey Wagon.

If any of you ladies feel like you have had a few too many, please dial 1-800-LOVE CAR. Call anytime of night and I will come pick you up ... especially if you think you won't remember anything the next morning.

Valerie said...

that's awesome! what a fantastic idea.

Peter, you perv! :P