Friday, March 24, 2006

Gregg Allman and Me


Here's a picture of me and Gregg Allman at the ABB show last night at the Beacon-- snapped right after I proposed to him with a bouquet of pink roses and a copy of his own band's DVD. He was polite about it, and acted all surprised and stuff. He was like, "Wow, thanks for the DVD, want me to autograph it for me? Oh, and yes, of course I'll marry you but not until you lose the mustache."

Oh, well. Marriage is all about compromises, you know. Cher didn't understand this, and that's why he repeatedly beat her. But he won't lay a hand on me. This kind of abusive behavior doesn't tend to repeat itself. Plus, my love for Gregg is stronger than my love of my mustache. And everyone knows just how much I love facial hair, so it's really saying something.

People already call me Anne Allman, so the whole name changing thing isn't going to really be an issue. But, our love for each other is so strong, that we've decided to mutually hyphenate.

Love,

Anne and Gregg Allman-Altman

or

Mr. and Mrs. Gregg Altman-Allman

or simply,

The Altman-Allmans

(we haven't really decided yet how our stationery is going to look)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

the similarity in your names is clearly an indication that you two are meant to me. i am glad he realized that after your gift of flowers and a dvd he surely has. is that the way to win oneself a musician? congrats, anne. i look forward to the wedding. my gift to you: a taco bell reception (so make sure the guest list is small).