Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An Email From My Sister




I was remarking to someone recently that the websites I read on the baby's in utero- development always use a random item or vegetable I'm not really familiar with for a size comparison: This week your baby is the size of:

  • a mondo Brazil nut
  • a spaghetti squash
  • the length and weight of a Harry Potter book
  • a roast
  • a burp cloth
  • a casaba melon


    What the hell???

And today I got the this email from my sister, diligently keeping tabs on her niece/nephew's development:


"So, your baby is the size of a large bunny. they also said giving birth will be like squeezing a grapefruit out of a cherry. don't worry. our bodies were intelligently designed to do this."



Don't worry?

At least I know what a large bunny looks like.

(Casaba melon? Really?)

3 comments:

whipcreamy said...

I hope everyone knows I was joking about the intelligent design comment....

Sans Pantaloons said...

My body was intelligently designed not to do this.

Del-V said...

Can this large bunny lay Cadbury Creme Eggs?