Friday, May 19, 2006

Umbrella Etiquette in NYC


I propose the following legislation:

  1. If you're a single person carrying an obnoxious golf umbrella on a city street, you are required to also be lugging a set of clubs and eating a pimento cheese sandwich.
  2. If you're not carrying a set of clubs or eating a pimento cheese sandwich, then you will be fined no less than $250 and up to $500 for carrying an oversized umbrella. UNLESS you are sheltering 6 or more people, and you must use the H. O. U. Lane designated for high occupancy umbrellas.
  3. Get the hell out of my way, you witch. If you're that afraid of rain, stay home.

3 comments:

whipcreamy said...

umbrellas don't work anyways...the rain always goes where the umbrella ends...if i had one of thosw golf umbrellas, the rain would be at my pelvis...then it would look like i pissed myself....better to go with the poncho.

anne altman said...

Pelvis.

Peter Matthes said...

I agree 100%.

I always find myself walking down the street and I get poked by someone with their umbrella. Often, they are talking away on their cell phone about the kind of napkins they should buy. ARGH @#%! I want to spin around grab it from them and smash the oversized umbrella on the street in front of them.

This kills me especially when it is hardly raining. I shy away from using even the small ones unless it is really coming down.

The only thing that yanks my chain more are TOURISTS. If there is a way they can be looking up at the sky or tall buildings, and then get in your way ... they will do it dammit. I think tourists should be made to stay on those double decker red buses.