Friday, December 01, 2006

Please Stop Saying That

I just got my copy of "Mortified: Real Words. Real People. Real Pathetic." in the mail, and it is HILARIOUS! Let's put it this way: Great Gift Idea! (of course, I don't get any residuals from those sales but it's a great gift idea nonetheless, and I'm in the book!) Another Great Gift Idea? 2007 Doodle Cat Calendars, people! And I get a $5 Scratch Your Face Off Fee for every outfit I stuffed Doodle in for the project. They are still on sale for $19 beans, so get the discount while you can.

Ok, back to insulting things that people say. I've heard this a time or ten in my life in response to a writing or photography or art project somone has created:

"Wow, you have way to much time on your hands."

Insulting. Did you enjoy the project? Art takes time, yes. Did you stop to look at it? Are you commenting about it now? Then you have too much time on your hands, and I didn't say that to you, did I?

"Tell us how you feel, don't hold back." (said sarcastically)

Insulting. No explanation necessary here.

"The temp screwed up the project."

Oh, the temp. The lack of job benefits makes us the universal scapegoat. The reason I got sent my Mortified Book late wasn't because of a general mixup, but because the "Temp typed the wrong address." Not necessary.

Friday's here! So don't be queer.

1 comment:

newbluebaby said...

Amazon.com has a excerpt.

July 14, 1976


Dear Adam,


I'm sorry that you hurt your penis. Does it still bother you?


Love-Dad



I'm so buying this book.