Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas From Vermont

Hey, kids! How's things? Vermont is nice. 30s, yesterday, 20s today. Not much snow, just an old dusting from a week ago or so. Yes, global warming has hit the Northeast Kingdom. I suppose if the polar ice caps are melting, we can't expect much different this far "south" right? All I know is that the lake hasn't frozen over at all, the snow blower places are seriously hurting for business, and the ski marathon which normally happens up here this time of year is on hold. Ah, well.

What we've done so far:

  1. Dragged the tree from the garage and put it in the stand in the living room
  2. Took out all the window screens and put them in the basement
  3. Put a few storm windows in a few doors
  4. Took two 2.5 mile walks
  5. Went to bed at 8 p.m. last night (the shortest day of the year)
  6. Did a little shopping at Willey's Store
  7. Doodle spent the first night locked in the basement
  8. Doodle spent a few hours yesterday and today in the barn
  9. Doodle took a huge crap in the master bathroom toilet this morning
  10. I've taken several photos

Tonight my sis, her boyfriend and my Dad arrive. Yay! May your holiday travels be speedy and not annoying, everyone.

Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Creepy said...

I can't believe that cat travels more than I do. I'm gonna go set myself on fire.

Teri said...

a merry christmas to you, doodle and the whole Altman clan!

have a great vacation. and get some good shots of doodle, would ya?

piglet said...

So you took pictures of Doodle's crap?

I probably just read that wrong.

Merry Christmas!

Valerie said...

Feliz Navidad!

Sans Pantaloons said...

Merry Christmas Anne!

Fargrave said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Rock on Anne and Doodle!