Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Tuesday Taylor

Doodle, 12/5/06
Does anyone remember Tuesday Taylor? She was a doll similar to Barbie but her big feature was that her hair could either be black, blonde, or black and blonde together. You basically twisted her 'do around her dome piece for variety. But inevitably she never looked as fashionable as the picture on the box and she'd have matted clumps you could never brush out. That made the look less hip and put together and more Atlantic City Hooker on a 74 hour Crack Binge.
At least that's what happened with Melanie's Tuesday Taylor. Please. Melanie was a really nice girl, but I can't say that her Tuesday Taylor and Barbie Dreamhouse AND Barbie Sportscar weren't on my mind those days when she asked me to come over and play. Friends with benefits. But I came over once, and the Dreamhouse elevator had been broken. Come on. Everyone knows that the working elevator was the reason you played with the thing. You'd think you'd get that fixed. I'm no engineer, I couldn't make sense of those white strings jumbled up in the pulleys.
Anyway, so that in addition to Tuesday Taylor's knots was beginning to be a drag. Then Melanie switched schools, and well, that was the beginning of the end of our friendship. No, actually, yes, that was the end of our friendship, but we shared good times. And melba toasts. Melanie was really into Melba Toast crackers. I wonder if she still eats those.

9 comments:

Teri said...

I just read about Melanie, you two were silly girls but normal.

I know you like to think of yourself as "one of a kind" but you're probably just as normal as the rest of us.

newbluebaby said...

Except for that third arm growing out of your back.

anne altman said...

that's news probably best kept between me and my plastic surgeon, if that's alright with you

anne altman said...

ps i'm a strong swimmer

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I think I used to have one of those Tuesday Taylor dolls! God, they were a let down.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Stupid blogger and its stupid double posting! Sorry...

anne altman said...

there is so not a thing called too much commenting about tuesday taylor. she thanks us for the plug, i'm sure. in the old age home and all.

Just Dave said...

Is that cat drunk?