Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My Good Deed For Today


Yesterday I saved a life.

But today, today, people, I saved someone's breath.

This new temp on the block asked me where all the Jolly Ranchers went because a few weeks ago we had a Sam's Club-sized box in the office, but that box is long gone. Lucky for her, I am a hoarder and before it was gone grabbed a big handful of them and put them in my desk drawer.

Luckier still for this lady that I don't like Jolly Ranchers.

Though I gave most of them away, I did spy a lone red fellow, possibly Cherry, hiding in a little compartment designed for paperclips, and then did I connect this Jolly Rancher to it's soon-to-be Jolly Eater, who just had herself some tuna casserole and was desperately not wanting not to taste that anymore.

I make things happen around here. One Jolly Rancher at a time.

4 comments:

Peter Matthes said...

I am fairly sure that Elton John's song "Someone saved my life today" is about Jolly Ranchers.

newbluebaby said...

You hoarding any Reeses Pieces Peanut Butter Cups?

Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

i went to college in my thirties. the only other thirty something in the history class used to sit by each other and each session she'd bring jolly ranchers. i credit the rancher for helping me get thru western civ...rock on with the ranchers!

Creepy said...

You don't like Jolly Ranchers??? Even the sugar-free ones are tasty!