Thursday, June 22, 2006

Speaking of Underpants


I posted earlier today about enormous underpants, completely unaware (underwear) that I was wearing fairly visible underwear beneath my white skirt. You're thinking, "WTF! Anne, you rag on others for their fashion fumbles. How could you DO SUCH A THING?!?!"

And I say to you, "I KNOW!!!! I DON'T KNOW!!!"

It looked fine in the mirror this morning. What can I say. I guess I just don't really care anymore.

So here I am posting about enormous underwear, and my friend at work says, "Hey, Anne, are you wearing dark underwear?"

SHIT!

Ok, they're heather grey. Not heather grey like Used-To-Be-White-Now-They're-Dingy, but made on purpose that color. Anyhoodle, I borrowed a huge black over the ass sweater from a co-worker and marched myself to Rite Aid to get m'self some new and nude drawers. Everyone I saw on the way asked me, "You must be chilly. But it's 80 degrees out!"

Whatever, a-hole. I need new underpants but I can't tell you that.

My choices at the drugstore were limited. 2-Packs of either: Size 8 or Size 10.

I've scanned the pink pair of Size 8 for you, because I'm wearing the tan. The scan bed wasn't large enough to capture all of the fabric. There's not a scan bed in the world big enough.

You can't see my underwear under my skirt anymore in these babies, but I can pull them up to my bazookas, doubling as a bra if need be. So low is the thigh coverage, that even the strongest bully in the cafetorium wouldn't be able to give me a wedgie.

Ah, the benefits of granny panties.

9 comments:

newbluebaby said...

A thong would have saved this predicament for you.

anne altman said...

and you know because you wear your old lady's or what?

Valerie said...

LOL - OMG, stop it. you're killing me!

Bumpkyn said...

too bad it's not winter because they could also double (triple?) as long johns!!

newbluebaby said...

I'm just going by what I see. And what I mean by what I see is what the mirrors on the tips of my shoes see.

anne altman said...

CRACK ADDICT

Carolyn said...

Oh my God - I had a man spy on me in the ladies bathroom once using a hand mirror. Is that you, NBB?

Aww - I remember when I thought size 10 was large.

@alyssa ettinger said...

anne, jockey "no panty line promise" makes great modern briefs, kind of like boyshorts.

no more grannies for us. promise.

@alyssa ettinger said...

AND thongs are either for 25-year-olds or romantic evenings.