Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Fork You


Apparently there is a new ringtone that kids are downloading for their cellphones that adults can't hear because as we age, our hearing decreases, a condition known as "aging ear." Conversely, adults are blaring that very same high pitch from speakers around malls and storefronts to discourage kids from loitering. It's a tone war. New York Times article here.

Test Your Fork-a-bility!

When you're done playing with the tuning fork part, try the Sound Effects part, more specifially, the evil laugh. Make sure to adjust your speakers for the difference; I had mine turned up way high for the mosquitos and forgot to lower it for the laugh. What ensued was a bumbling attempt to silence it.

Reminded me of the story my sister told me when a friend showed her and her boyfriend some pictures of airplanes on his computer when suddenly a topless photo of his wife appeared. When he clicked to minimize it it only got maximized. Awkard all around. Gets the heart pumpin'.

12 comments:

Fargrave said...

OK, I hope my settings were f%%#ed up because I couldn't hear a damn thing! Not even the evil laugh, and I love evil laughs.

Chris Battle said...

Fuck. Either I'm old or I've blown out my eardrums with iPod headphones.

newbluebaby said...

Well ringtones are for children. YES. Children. I'm talking to all you morons with a song as your ringtone. Grow up.

Valerie said...

holy shit, the 14,0000 mosquito hurt the shit out of my ears and made my fucking eyes water.

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fargrave said...

OK, it was the computer I was on. I can hear the 14,000 range but beyond that, only the vague sense that something is applying pressure to my ear drum. Oh well.

happykat said...

SCOOPED!
I totally saw this and was gonna post about it.

I wonder if kids can talk to marine life, too. Here, Flipper! Here, boy!

Unknown said...

I didn't hear shit on the mosquito page..notta damn thing..its all those rock concerts I went to..right?

The Garbers said...

I could only hear the mosquitos at 14K. Do you know people from all over the world or do you just get random hits from everywhere?

anne altman said...

i think they may be people i knew in a past life, but i will never be sure.

i'll just ride the wave. let go and let blog, as the saying goes.

yanmaneee said...

yeezy boost 350 v2
curry 5
moncler
timberland outlet
balenciaga
hermes belt
kyrie 5 shoes
kyrie shoes
balenciaga speed
golden goose outlet

Unknown said...

visit homepage replica louis vuitton bags this link replica ysl handbags Recommended Reading best replica bags online