Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Your Girl's a Gelfling

A few years ago, I was standing outside of a sports bar on the Upper West Side with my boyfriend. A stoner came up to us and asked us for a light. When he handed the lighter back to my boyfriend, he said, "Hey, man, your girl is a Gelfling."

"What?"

He goes, "Yeah, dude. Your girl. She looks like a Gelfling. Heh heh."

I was confused. I had never seen The Dark Crystal, the Jim Henson movie with all the fucked up looking puppets. "What's a Gelfling? Is it like a dwarf or a like a troll?"

He replied, "It's like...it's like a Gelfling."

I've attached a few photos of myself from last night's Brutal Honesty show at Otto's Shrunken Head, interspersed with Gelflings from The Dark Crystal. I dare you to tell us apart.

C'est un challenge!













Many thanks to all who made it out for the show! (and a very special thanks to the folks who had to hike to new jersey)

10 comments:

Maulleigh said...

yeah...okay...I can see it. IT TOTALLY BEATS A GREMLIN!!

Elizabeth said...

hilarious, anne!!

so--tell us about your show! as successful as your blog?

Berry said...

Hey! The fuzzy one on the bottom right hand corner of the top picture kinda looks like me!

What is that thing, anyway? Kinda like a pocket pet to celebrity Gelflings?

Peter Matthes said...

I think you look more like that furry thing in the bottom right corner of the first picture.

Then again ... I haven't smoked any pot for a year and a half.

Valerie said...

awwwwwww, I think they are cute. And so are you!

anne altman said...

thanks for all the kind compliments, kids.

yes, the show was amusing, lots of anecdotes about neurotic brides, canned weddings and shitfaced attendees.

a small posse from jersey came to the show via my blog, so clearly, i'm going places.

not jersey, but you know, places.

Peter Matthes said...

Since both you and I seem to have blog readers in Iran we both might be going places.

Carolyn said...

Hahaha - you really do look like a Gelfling, tho! That's amazing.

I smell a new MySpace quiz: what puppet do you resemble most?

Unknown said...

You resemble one ever so slightly.
Wish I could take in your show..but it would be a long drive for moi :(

newbluebaby said...

So you're a beautiful Gelfling, (which I think is a German Elf), good for you. How'd you like when they call you Rockbiter. That's right, I'm the Rockbiter... rolling around on my rock-tricycle (or rockcycle) giving away ciggaretes to lazy ass stoner guys. And I GUESS, eating rocks. I hope the Nothing gets all your muthafuckin' lazy asses!!!