Thursday, November 02, 2006

Only a Dum Dum Would Dislike Banana Dum Dums


I didn't prepare well for victuals here during my ten hour stint in the stock trading room, so I've helped myself to this convenient bowl of Halloween candy, specifically, a few banana-flavored Dum Dum pops.

No stranger to Dum Dums, I didn't happen to recall the banana flavor and was instantly impressed. Does it taste like bananas? Hello, gross, of course not but like the exquisite flavor of fake banana. Not everyone can do fake banana well. Dum Dum can.

I found through a little research that the reason I don't remember banana flavor is because it was introduced in 1960 but was dropped in 1966. They've brought it back in 2006 for their 100th Anniversary, I'm surmising, and it's damn good. But I think two are enough. For today.

Here is more information on the adding and dropping of Dum Dum flavors and the general history of the company. Yes, I've totally purchased products via the collection of dum dum wrappers--as recently as two years ago--and let me tell you something, my Dum Dum watch is dope--still running on the same battery and the sophisticated alarm feature beeps religiously every morning at 6 a.m.

7 comments:

Tara said...

Hi! I found your blog with the Random Blog button on "The Bestest Blog..."

I agree, I had the pleasure of finding a banana (or fake banana) flavored DumDum. There are banana flavored popsicles out there too that aren't bad either. I was happy to find a sour apple DumDum. That's my addiction.

newbluebaby said...

Well color me a Dum Dum because that sounds gross.

anne altman said...

sometimes things that sound gross are good (banana dum dums)and sometimes things that sound good are gross (sweetbreads)

enuf said

whipcreamy said...

i hate banana flavored runts.

anne altman said...

word. banana runts are rude. all runts are rude, no?

anne altman said...

band.

it does take all kinds.

Just Dave said...

Every time I eat something fake banana flavored, I get flashbacks to the dentists office and that banana oil stuff they put on your gums right before they jab you with the 18-inch long novicaine needle. My family has learned not to give me said fake banana flavored items as the screaming really hurts their ears.