Thursday, February 22, 2007

Former Celtics' Guard Dennis Johnson Dead at 52


D.J. dead? My favorite and freckly little DJ, fun-lovin', ball handlin' guard whom I looked up to when I played hoops because like he, I was short but unlike he, I was a crappy ball handler? For those of you who aren't familiar with Dennis Johnson, he played with Larry Bird on a dynasty of a basketball team: The Celtics in the 1980's. Man was it good to be a Celtic fan in the 1980's. Back when pro basketball was good (old lady voice).

D.J. dead at 52? Man.

RIP, Dennis Johnson.

8 comments:

Creepy said...

You forgot to mention he was the starting point guard on the NBA's 'all ugly' team. R.I.P., D.J.

anne altman said...

subjective. and i know you didn't mean any disrespect by that comment, creepy--the man's not even cold yet!

Just Dave said...

Man, I can't believe it. Would Bird have been as great without Dennis Johnson feeding him the ball? Who knows? I am really sorry to hear this.

Jon said...

Being a C's fan in the 80s was awesome. I actually met DJ when I was like 12, and he couldn't have been a nicer guy. Sad news.

Elizabeth said...

how did he die?

anne altman said...

he collapsed; heart failure seems to be involved somehow.

Creepy said...

No disrespect intended at all; though I've never been accused of good timing.

yanmaneee said...

jordan retro
kyrie shoes
goyard
kyrie spongebob
supreme clothing
jordan shoes
yeezy
longchamp
golden goose
kobe 9