Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Five Things You Don't Know About Anne & Doodle

Ms. Brandy Barber, firey haired beauty, has announced to me "C'est challenge!" on this post. I will oblige and reveal Five Things You Probably Don't Know About Me and Doodle.

  1. Doodle takes a dump every other day. Judging by the running around the house and meowing that's going on at present, today is her day. As most of you know, she is toilet trained, so I just locked her in the can for a few minutes of privacy for us both.
  2. I always dent my cans of beer or soda right under the opening as a sort of grip/no slip "handle." I surmise why is because I've dropped a heavy, slick with condensation can at one time in my hydration career. I can't help but dent them. It's automatic. It also comes in handy when the question of "Which one's my beer?" comes up. "Oh, there it is."
  3. I was driving the family car well before I was sixteen, but rarely in the light of day. Usually between 3 and 4 am with my friend "Brenda" who would meet me at my house or hers. We'd tool around the streets of town at 6-12 miles an hour, after having donned hats and sunglasses, put the car in neutral and pushed the car silently out of the driveway. There was that time we took Brenda's Dad's Subaru and couldn't break 20 going up Seaview Avenue. The burning smell revealed itself to be this new term called "parking brake." Ok, so there was this one time another friend and I drove down the main drag in town during the afternoon, and since I was babysitting, we strapped my little sis in the car seat. After all, I couldn't endanger her by leaving her alone at home, could I?
  4. Doodle likes the taste of white chocolate but not asparagus.
  5. I like the taste of water siphoned from ancient metallic pipes via an old green garden hose, preferably one that's been sitting in the summer sun for awhile.
  6. Bonus Thing: I have never played "Spin the Bottle." I can't speak for Doodle.

4 comments:

Sharon Shiner said...

I thnk I went on a couple of those 3am trips....

Just Dave said...

I'm totally with you on the water from the garden hose thing. Nothing tastes or smells better. Fiji Water, be damned.

bubbles said...

I drove before I was 16, too. Now that I'm an old lady I think we are safer riding with the very young... my ability to react and / or stay on course without looking have diminished significantly with age and the mass murder of my brain cells.

pauldeschenes said...

Never too late for spin the bottle...

Garden hose water.... bleeeck!!
In the same category as warm beer