Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Ash Wednesday, Kids!

I'm afraid I don't have too much to say on the topic this year. It's not that I'm busy repenting or whatnot, I'm just performing the miscellaneous droll activities I never seem to be able to complete which make up my life. Perhaps I could ask the man in the sky with the beard why I'm a waste of space, but that would require a trip to the church place, and who knows what kind of mania would happen if I stepped in there. They'd definitely know I'm not "one of them."

In the meantime, let's revisit what I said last year at this time about Ash Wednesday, as it's still quite current. Sure, this is the first day of Lent, but we've only two days before Two Can Anne's One Year Anniversary Blowganza. That's right: BLOWGANZA. And a blowganza's surely got to liven up the 40 days of Lenten Friday Fish Fry to follow, no?

Blowganza.

1 comment:

Nina Paley said...

Congratulations, Anne - you have coined a viable new hipster word. Googling "blowganza" yielded no results. None! You're the first!

And it's a good word, too. I'm gonna go out and use it, 'cause I'm linguistically cutting-edge.