Monday, June 25, 2007

Bernice's Restaurant in Guilford, Connecticut

  1. When was the last time you ate at Bernice's?
  2. More importantly, when was the last time anybody named anyone Bernice?
*according to this chart, the answer to #2 is: Sometime in the 1980's.

Guilford, Connecticut: Has the third largest collection of historic houses in New England. It was also voted one of the top 100 Places to Live in the United States in 2005. I can't speak for what Guilford's like these days, I mean, a lot can happen in two years and it could be a huge craphole now but the yachtclubs are full so I doubt it.

8 comments:

Some Guy said...

This is the god's honest truth. My grandma's name was Bernice.

The McFamily said...

Yeah!!!! My town is famous. I have lived here for 8 years.
And I have to say...I have NO IDEA where this place was.
As far as what Guilford is like now....well, the historic homes are still there, the shoreline is still there...
but you have to look past rows of McMansions and parking lots full of Land Rovers to actually see them.

Berry said...

It's like, impossible to get a window seat in that place.

Elizabeth said...

whoa - how did veronica ever derive from bernice? ah, the olden days...

i believe the "best towns to live" rankings are actually based on "the nicest mcmansions"

Del-V said...

Liz - Bethesda/Potomac was not on the list for nicest cities to live. But Ellicott City was #4 in 2006. Ellicott City has some nice McMansions, but come on...

Unknown said...

I worked at Bernice’s restaurant in the early ‘60’s. I cut up lobster for the lobster thermadore. They had banana bread muffins. So good.

Anonymous said...

jordan shoes
hermes
adidas yeezy
pg 4
kyrie irving
supreme clothing
travis scott jordan
supreme official
Golden Goose
golden goose

Anonymous said...

chrome hearts outlet
fear of god essentials
golden goose outlet storet
fear of god essentials
kobe shoes
off white shoes
hermes birkin
jordan shoes
curry shoes
hermes birkin outlet