Friday, December 05, 2008

Weird Wedding Photos Part MLVMCCVMCV

Ok...Don't look now, but is there a super creepy guy standing behind me with a gloved hand on my shoulder?


Speaking of weddings and gloves, we recently had a discussion in the office about wedding rings. Greenberg was pestering another fella about why he doesn't wear his wedding ring, and he was explaining that it nothing to do with fidelity, it's just that he's not a ring guy. Not a jewelry guy. I can understand this, because despite their bizarre and wonderful 40 years of marriage and commitment, my folks aren't wedding ring folks. They own wedding rings, and keep them in the respective jewelry repository accoutrement on their dressers, but for whatever reason, whether it be comfort or size (as in my Dad's case, someone always working on cars, or my Mom's case: someone who has thankfully--but to her chagrin--gained a few pounds since her 96 lb wedding day) my parents haven't been into rings. One day, I asked my Mom about the lack of ring thing, and she told me the story of some friend from the club who was at the gym one day showering after a workout. She needed to adjust the plastic shower curtain, and while she was messing with it, she slipped. The wedding ring on her finger got caught on one of the clips, and as she fell, the shower curtain ring which was snag on her wedding ring literally de-gloved her finger. Let's just say that there was a lawsuit, and I understand why folks don't wear wedding rings. Live and let live, folks. Do whatever you need to do. I just want you to be happy. Can't we just be happy?

9 comments:

glittermom said...

a Michael wannabesessent

glittermom said...

oh I don't know how that happened.I meant Michael wannabe!

anne altman said...

it's my wedding day. i'm wearing white gloves.

Sans Pantaloons said...

Some photographers have a wicked sense of humour/humor. The only thing that's missing is the garland of garlic. I once saw a safety film of a guy falling from a telegraph pole with the same outcome. I don't wear rings.

anne altman said...

you were friends with broads who jumped over chain link fences? fierce!

Micgar said...

Hey honey-after the wedding, why don't we do what we normally do and I give you your ahem-examination?

Micgar said...

Oh geez! Just looked at that photo-man talk about pain!

EJ said...

My Dad got into a fight with my mom because she wasn't wearing her wedding ring.

Mom started wearing it again a week or two later. My dad had to sift through his own poo and boil the ring first.

newbluebaby said...

jesus f'me that story gave me the heebe jeebes.