Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wiki Answers: Probably Shouldn't Be Your Primary Source in Your Bibliography

Just in time for Valentine's Day, I'm writing about love gone wrong. Research on broken hearts brought me to WikiHow which is an online advice community that bills itself as "Q&A the wiki way." At the end of the page on breakups, it asks the following:

Can you answer other questions about breakups?

1) Does washing your body with an umbilical cord help prevent cancer?
2) What is a minotaur's home?
3) Why does your ex boyfriend keeps on communicating with you?
4) Why did my husband cried like a baby for his ex -wife so she say knowing i will leave him taking her back what do you think about this?

Off the top of my head, I can tell you the answer to #1: No, and #3: Likely because he's selfish creep who hasn't moved on and won't let you either.

I'm afraid I don't have the quick answers for #2 (A place where a half bull/half man can comfortably rest his horns and put up his feet?) and #4? Beats me.

2 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

Minotaurs live in labyrinths.

I am such a geek.

anne altman said...

can you explain how labyrinths and breakups are similar because...