Sunday, August 26, 2007

Hand Made in the USA


Indeed, the prices for clothing at places like H&M, Old Navy, and Forever 21 are hard to beat, especially with the economy the way it is now, and I am guilty of patronizing these stores. China is grossing me out the door more than ever these days with it's accelerated industrial revolution at the expense it's own people and the environment (did anyone see the cover of the Sunday NY Times today?). If I see that something is made in China, I try not to buy it. I skipped over the Made-in-China bandannas I saw up in Vermont for the ones made in the USA. Oddly enough, the one with the American Flag design on it was not made here but there. Blick.
So let us buy less mass-produced caca undoubtedly pieced together overseas by poor slobs slaving away at sketchy factories and instead support our own local artisans. Take Carter Whitlock, for example. Her one-of-a-kind designs at Carter Safari are adorable!

Shown here: Patriotic Skirt by Carter Safari

2 comments:

whipcreamy said...

farkle me up dude!

Just Dave said...

I hear China is our sole supplier of elephant shoes. Just sayin'.