Sunday, August 26, 2007

Interesting

Last night on my return home from a nice evening out on the town, I stopped into my local Korean deli for a little crap that I thought I needed. Paying for some items at the front was the tallest, blackest, buffest, tricked out and workin' it in a teeny tiny mini, totally awesome male to female trans I'd ever seen in my neighborhood, let alone anywhere.

As I made my way through the refrigerated aisle to the cashier with my Mike's Hard Lemonade (Why? I don't know, just something I thought I needed) I caught the eye of a very unremarkable woman who lives in my building, mid-40's, who had just cut away from disapproving up/down glances at the above-mentioned girl. She said to me with disgust, "Interesting..."

"Indeed!" said I.

This is NYC. It's supposed to be interesting. Why are you living in this town if you don't like interesting? Get thy ass to Schaumburg, Illinois, Ms. Unremarkable.

5 comments:

Matt Sears said...

Shimteresting.

Abbi Crutchfield said...

I think she was referring to your choice of beverage.

newbluebaby said...

I once saw the "tallest, blackest, buffest, tricked out and workin' it in a teeny tiny mini, totally awesome male to female trans" go OFF on a Blockbuster employee because he said "Did you find what you were looking for, sir?"

It screamed "It's MISS CHANEL THANK YOU VERY MUCH!" Chanel as in Chanel #5? Who knows... I had to duck behind the new releases because I was laughing so hard, I believe some snot was let loose.

True story.

whipcreamy said...

i love when snot lets loose.

Rebecca said...

Once I served a mtf in a restaurant and called her "ma'am" when I refilled her drink. She looked at me with adoring eyes.