Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Guess Who Walked from Penn Station to Cortlandt Street?

Oh, that's right, me. I did. Got to work at noon. Fun time Charlie 'round this place! No subway action up or downtown today due to torrential flooding from thunderstorms last night.

Who's a rock star?

Oh, that's right, me. I am.

Made some pit stops along Hudson to reapply sunscreen from the shelves of Rite Aid and purchase some water. My last pit stop before the office was at the Patriot for a vodka, cranberry and lime, which I drank while chatting with an electrician who was also escaping the heat for awhile. He went outside for a toke of weed and a couple puffs off a cigarette before he came back in to finish a few more beers before heading back outside. Smart man, that Jimmy.

If you want to trace my route, check it out here.

Here are a couple of shots I took of a pathetic tourist as I approached my office building. Poor thing was clodhopping herself around in circles with her husband on the hottest day of the year with no transportation. That kind of heat is gonna soil your can. If I can say I did one thing right today, that was I dressed appropriately for the weather. A cheap little shitty sundress, sleeveless and short, felt like practically nothing at all. Hello, construction workers!




click each picture for maximum sweaty crack quotient

8 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

I am impressed. Has a reward been mentioned?

newbluebaby said...

Guess who saw the trains weren't running but caught a bus and was at work on time?

Nina Paley said...

Guess who works at home, suckas?

newbluebaby said...

Nina wins.

anne altman said...

well, nina wins if she blasts her air conditioner as high as my office does...

Nina Paley said...

I don't have to blast the AC as high 'cause I can work in my underwear.

Special K said...

That woman looks familiar
Nobody sweats in the ass like a southerner
I think that crack sweater is from Kentucky!!!!!!!

Sans Pantaloons said...

Today will be hotter...