Thursday, March 22, 2007

Doodle is a Cold-Hearted Snake


I forgot to shut the back door before I went to bed, and in the middle of the night Doodle went down the hallway stairs, caught a mouse, brought it up 8 flights, butchered it in my bathroom, and now it's lost in my bedroom. Doodle is frantic. I'm like, "You're frantic? There's a half-dead mouse in my bedroom and you can't find it?!?!" The corner of the tub is filled with mouse blood, bits and shits. A crime scene photo to follow. Once I get my breakfast down. In the meantime, Doodle will be staring at the space underneath the raditator.

9 comments:

Berry said...

Um, Anne? Do we see two toothbrushes in the background? Is there something you're not telling us?

Tanya Espanya said...

One of those toothbrushes is Doodle's.

Nina Paley said...

Ew. Eww, eww eww.

I'm impressed Doodle found her way back to your apartment, though. Many a cat gets confused on the identical layouts of apartment buildings. Bruno once wandered down one flight (under my supervision, of course) then to the apartment exactly below mine, where he howled at the door to be "let back in." In my previous building, I heard a cat meowing and scrathing at my neighbor's door. I let it in and took care of it until the cat's human was found: the tenant directly below my neighbor.

Doodle's gross, but smart.

spacedlaw said...

I think you are lucky that is just the mouse gettign butchered.
Possibly leaving the back door open is not the safest option...

Jen said...

BWaHaHahaha

anne altman said...

i have a pet bear who protects the back door, but he was sleeping during the entire thing. ridiculous.

piglet said...

Cats are so much closer to their wild counterparts than dogs are to their wolfy cousins (Wolves do NOT play fetch). I always considered my cat to be a tiny panther.

anne altman said...

all i'm saying is: if i get home and doodle is still sitting next to the radiator, we still have problems.

Carolyn said...

Oh. My. God.

Or should I say, Oh. Mice. God.

Wow.